Astra Militarum Astropath

Since the latest codex was released I have been meaning to try the Astropath. I think he is good for his points. Problem is, I have rarely taken Company command squads because, well, tank commanders. I also have had this model kicking around for a couple of years, but only finally got around to him. I must admit though, he was a really enjoyable model to paint.

 I kept the colour scheme quite simple, opting for the same grey/purple scheme as my primaris psykers and Wyrd vane psyker squad. I like to keep these colours for the psykers in my army.
 The very clean sheer lines of the model made the robes very enjoyable to paint. 
 All in all a fabulous model from GW. A joy to paint. I will let you know soon how he fairs on the battlefield!

Comments

  1. Oh, I love the subtlety of this paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed painting mine. Really like the colours you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jakub. Thanks for the comments. Its a really nice model to paint. I got my horses from the old rough rider models, I simply took the fur feet off and replaced them with cadian ones, and then added a cadian torso. The horses were used by GW for every type of unarmoured horse between the mid 90's and early 2000's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely a great looking model and one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment