Home Made Vehicle Explosion Markers

Well As I am still waiting for the Astra Militaum/ IG codex, I thought I would continue my work on gaming aids. So far I have finished some objectives and explosions. Now I thought I would turn my attention to the aftermath of the explosions. The vehicle explosion marker. 

I simply used bits of old vehicle kits I had lying around. 
 I decided to create three bases. Two complete and one modular so I could mark the outline of different sized vehicles.
 I mainly used imperial vehicle parts, but I also used the odd Ork trukk door and engine block as I felt they looked suitably bashed around to look like an exploded vehicle.


I then built up some builders gravel around the vehicle parts to bed them in. 
 As you can see, I also used the odd lego piece and terrain bitz to fill out the base. I was still keen to leave plenty of room for troops to take refuge in.



And on to the painting. 






Looking forward to picking up steam with my hobby, now that the codex is due this week. :)


Comments

  1. The modular version is absolutely inspired! Well done, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely fantastic! I've been thinking about making some for a while and these are just the inspiration.

    Having modular bits so you can mark the outline is a brilliant idea and means that you still have room to put the infantry in the middle if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like them. I have been considering creating some non imperial/boxy vehicle ones to mark out Eldar/Tau shaped vehicles. These are very simple to make, but I think they are incredibly useful to have around, particularly when you play lots of mech like I do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment