Imperial Guard Veterans with meltaguns and lasguns

Sgt. Loklan gives his orders to his squad before battle.


As promised, here is my second melta vets squad armed with lasguns. As you can see, I have used the same scout legs, however the torsos and arms are much more heavily armoured. I wanted the two squads to have quite a distinctive look, both from the Infantry platoons and indeed from each other, so I left the shoulder pads on these guys. I also converted the lasguns to look much more light weight.

The Meltaguns in this squad are cut down flamers with added space marine meltagun ends.

Sgt. Loklan- I originally had him painted in 40th corps colours, but he wasn't getting much game time as my hardened veterans for that army was all grenade launchers, and didn't really fit.

I converted the scopes from little bits of plasticard tubing. I wanted them to look bulkier, but shorted than the space marine M41 targetter.


The grunts- I have just realised when taking this picture, that I haven't Painted the visors on these guys. D'Oh!


That is all for now, but I have got a little bit more work done on my to do list, so I will hopefully have an update on my progress in the next day or two!

Comments

  1. How did you do the helmets with the comms, as in the 4th picture on this page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those heads are available on the Imperial Guard Tank accessory sprue available from GW here...http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440253a&prodId=prod1290051 They only supply two per sprue, but there may be some available from sites like Hoard o bits and Battlewagon bitz.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment