Knight Time!


Well as I hinted at, Ive been working on some new forces for my brettonian army. This is quite an old force, which Ive had since the bretonians where released, and they are currently in a bad shape. I was lucky enough to get them out over christmas and squeeze in a couple of games with them, which resulted in a win against goblins, a minor victory against dark elves, followed by quite a hammering at the hands of the dark elves.

 So I have began work on rebuilding this force, starting with a unit of Knights of the Realm. I want them to look quite battle hardened, and was keen for them to be a little more rugged than the traditional haughty veiw of the knights of Brettonia. Therefore, I have removed the helmet decoration in favour of a much more simplistic and somewhat brutal look.

I want to keep the colour scheme quite earthy, therefore I am sticking to a green and white palette for the horses and robes of the knight, however I will display the heraldry of each individual knight on the horses flanks.

For now, heres some pictures of the five knights I have already built. Its been a while since I worked on a fantasy unit, so it was difficult to get them to look dynamic and keep them ranked up nicely, but Im pleased with the attempts so far.





And Finally the champion. I tried a bit of a test scheme on this chap. I wanted to see if I could pull off a bit of simple NMM, and Im quite pleased. Its still a work in progress, but I think the effect is nice, if a little simple.




Hope to get more done soon. I have a essay due in for monday, so I think my weekend is going to be sucked up by that, but once thats out of the way, I will be trying my best to get this unit and the hydras polished off.

Comments