Armies on Parade: white scars edition part 1.


Back again...

Much has happened, but for now I will try and get through the serious back log of hobby for this blog.

So in 2017, I decided I was going to have a go at a Armies on parade board.

I really wanted to put together a White Scars at the Siege of the Emperor’s Palace diorama, as this is the theme I was looking at for my heresy era army.

I had been reading the background of the battle, and discovered that the white scars had sallied out of the palace, to attack and reclaim the star port from slaaneshi forces and the Emperors Children legion.

Here are some work in progress shots:

 I started by mocking up the design I wanted to go for. This was supposed to represent an over pass, heading towards the Emperors Palace. I was keen to have lots of height, and having the roadways off 90 degree angles to help with the composition, giving the piece a more cinematic feel. 











Comments

  1. The composition works, I think. Looking forward to seeing progress !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment