Astra Militarum- Amphibious Assault Craft

This is a little project I have had on the back burner for a while, but I wanted to share it with you all as I have the time. May be a while before I get back to work on this, however, I have always wanted to make a few landing craft from Chimera chassis.

As you can see I have only used the tracks, trimming down the bulky side pieces. I have added a prow which is also hinged as a ramp. The driver compartment has been added above the heads of the troop bay. A lot of detail is still to be added, and I hope to make between three and five of these.

Where the hatch usually sits I am planning to add a turret, similar, although taller than the one I use on my armoured car like THIS. Detailing will involve rivets, internal stowage and maybe a guard rail around the 'bridge area' I am also thinking about a walkway/platform at the rear. I'll play around and see what looks right. 

As I said above, this may take a while before it comes to fruition (desperately trying to get my white scars off the ground), but when it does, expect a D-Day themed battle report!!





Comments

  1. Very cool, love the LVT feel. Makes me keen to get back to my Amphibious Orks projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, lovely. Check this out: http://admiraldrax.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/assault%20craft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those track units cast or kit ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just the old chimera kit tracks with the engine bits cut back.

      Delete

Post a Comment