refitting the hydra trucks- Wyveryn stand in.

So with the release of the new Astra Militarum book, the hydras are now looking a little less effective. However the new wyveryns are brilliant. Although eventually i will be getting my grubby mits on the awesome new kit, i wanted a stop gap to allow me to field these artillery pieces. This is what i have so far...

I decided to go with a similar look to the russian rocket trucks- the BM-21 Grad. The only slight change i made was to encase a larger percentage of the tubes in the launch box. I added service hatches to the top and glued them into position, one angled for firing the other for transport.

With the riveting completed. I hope to get these painted up this evening. :)

Comments

  1. I like the idea of this. Although the original Grad's were "slightly" less accurate then the Wyvern is going to be. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn you, you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. thats true. Hoping just to let weight of fire represent the accuracy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, bliss.

    Which raises the question: rather than the taurox, why didn't GW just make these damn trucks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely figures :D i'm 20 years old and play games like Papas Games and collecting figures, is something wrong with me ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. I am planning a little taurox conversion myself, but still ironing out the details. I like the taurox, just don't like the tracks all that much. Birk, growing older is inevitable, growing up is optional. do what you love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment